Find Any File searches your local disks for files by name, creation or modification date, size, or type and creator code (not by content, though).
As there are other tools with a similar search operation, here are the special features unique to Find Any File:
- Has a new hierarchical view of the found items, making it much easier to browse 100s of items (see the screenshot).
- Can run as root user, finding really any file on your disk, even those that are hidden from normal users.
- Can save queries and run them again later.
Unlike Spotlight (i.e. the Finder's Find command), it more...
- Localization updates (if you like to help, please use the Help menu to Context Support by E-Mail)
- Fixes issues (lockups) with unavailable NFS network volumes.
- File Icons are fully opaque again.
- Makes sure windows appear on-screen when an external monitor gets detached.
- Fixes an issue where refreshing the Results takes an unusually long more...
- OS X 10.6 or later