otx is the premier solution for developers trying to interperet otool output.
otx stands for "object tool extended". It uses otool (object tool) to disassemble a Mach-O executable file, then enhances the disassembled output. Simple enhancements include adding the machine code of each instruction and the offset of each instruction from the beginning of a function. More complicated enhancements include displaying the names and data types of Objective-C methods even if symbols have been stripped, and adding comments that describe member variables, function calls, static data and more.
otx users should have more...
- Source code is in the public domain
- Includes a command line version
- Smaller RAM footprint
- Processing and UI use separate threads
- Improved function recognition in dylibs
- Improved logical block recognition
- Optional separation of logical blocks
- Optional verbose comments for objc_msgSend calls
- Improved tracking of local variables
- Recognizes more...
- Mac OS X 10.4 or later
- Apple otool installed