It is both stable and powerful enough to be used for serious, high-end animation work. Many of its capabilities rival those found in commercial programs. Some of the highlights include subdivision surface based modeling tools, skeleton based animation, and a graphical language for designing procedural textures and materials.
- Animation can be previewed directly in the main window.
- Added support for Groovy scripting language.
- Refactored raytracer to be usable from scripts and plugins.
- Replaced Text script with a much better Text modeling tool.
- Changed the behavior of the Rotate View tool to be more intuitive.
- Lots of improvements to implicit more...