GeekTool is an application for OS X 10.6 or later. It lets you display various kinds of information on your desktop via 3 default plug-ins:
- File plugin to monitor OS X activity with /var/log/system.log, or any file that you want to follow.
- Shell mode to launch custom scripts or commands like "df" to check space left on filesystems or "uptime" to monitor load on your machine.
- Image mode helps you monitor bandwith usage, CPU load, memory availability on your server with tools like MRTG or RRD.
- New button to check for updates in Preferences
- The script edition window is easier to use and let the user go back and forth between application
- You can use arrow keys to move a geeklet
- Long scripts could not be imported because the confirmation button was out of screen
- Geeklets will no more...
RequirementsOS X 10.6 or later
Similar SoftwareOpen Comparison
Suggest Other Similar Software