This release brings some revisions to the interface, now sporting a dark theme. Some menus have been simplified and shortcuts added. You can now drag bookmarks or links on PhotoStickies' icon to open them. Recording and viewing video streams, even local streams from connected cameras, is now supported. It is also a fully 64-bit, notarized application, compatible with macOS 10.15 Catalina, using modern frameworks for better performance and reliability.
Note: Starting with this release PhotoStickies now requires a minimum of OS X Yosemite.
- Links and bookmarks can now be dropped on the PhotoStickies' icon or directly opened from other applications, e.g., the Finder.
- Added possibility to view and record local and remote videos and live streams, e.g., m3u8. Note, image filtering isn't supported and not all streams or videos support recording time ranges.
- Added command File > Open Camera to view and record streams from connected cameras. Note: Image filtering cannot be done on the streams being recorded.
- Animated GIFs are now supported. Note: Image filtering cannot be done on them.
- Added a shortcut for the Control > Wait command. Also added shortcuts in the Control menu for Start All, Wait For All, and Stop All when holding the Option key.
- Added command Show in Finder to the File and contextual menu.
- Added a Website field to the Info dialog. The URL can be opened via the @ button.
- The Info, Processes, and Open Location dialogs now use a dark theme.
- Simplified the Display, Control, and Window menus. Revised the shortcut of Control > Start and added some alternate menu items to these menus, accessible when using the Shift and Option modifier keys.
- Scroll wheel and trackpad gestures now can be used to go to previous or next frames of slideshows, webcam replays, and videos
- Moved Copy Filters and Paste Filters to the Edit menu.
- Image-based views are now layer-based and therefore animating and fading requires up to 50% less CPU time.
- Filtered webcams are now recorded as PNG images instead of TIFF.
- Improved handling of ⌘W and ⌘M shortcuts, e.g., when used in the Inspector or Open Location panel.
- Copying images and webcams is now more reliable.
- Improved overall performance and reliability.
- Karelia's LetsMove framework is used to install PhotoStickies in the Applications folder on demand when the application is launched from another location.
- Fixed an issue where Help > Contact didn't use the default email application.
- Fixed an issue where pressing the ↩ key in the Open Location panel didn't open the location.
- Fixed an issue where saved states could not be removed.
- Fixed some display artifacts in the Preferences panel.
- Fixed some issues with multi-threading.