Silica SX is a visual rendering tool that converts quartz compositions to standard-format digital movies. Users can customize the output movie length, video encoding, size and frame rate, in addition to customizing the input parameters used to render the quartz composition (if present). Silica SX includes the following key features:
- Custom Conversion Change a composition’s input parameters without the need to re-edit in Quartz Composer.
- Export Presets Create new movies in a variety of formats (e.g., H.264, HEVC, etc.) for a range of playback situations.
- Dynamic Exports Export movies with any length from a few seconds up to 24 hours.
- Settings Use the copy and paste features to quickly replicate settings from one composition to another.
- Exporting New movies are created in the background, enabling you to continue working without waiting.
- Sharing Share your output movies directly to Vimeo, Facebook, Twitter and other popular internet services.
Note: While the software is classified as free, it offers in-App Purchases.