AirStreamer can play videos on Apple TV running tvOS 10.2 now. AirStreamer is a better way to play non-QuickTime videos on Apple TV.
There are two ways to play non-quicktime videos (MKV, AVI, WMV...) on Apple TV now:
- Convert them to quicktime format.
- Download an Apple TV video player.
- But all of them are inconvenient:
- Video conversion takes a long time to complete.
- Apple TV video player cannot play most of videos smoothly, and it also takes a lot of time to transfer video files from Mac to Apple TV or to config file sharing on Mac.