theLibrarian is an application for cataloguing, organizing and managing one or more libraries of books. A library is a collection of resources (books) that can have one ore more formats associated to them; in turn, each format can have a location that represents a file on disk or a web url or something else. As mentioned above, the application allows you to create and manage as many libraries as you like and move books from one to another.
- Store many useful informations about your books, including covers, reviews, annotations, keywords. The application will do its best to prevent manually typing in as much informations about books as possible by trying to extract them from the associated file(s) (if any) or querying several online databases such as iTunes Store, Google Books, Amazon Store, OpenLibrary, Wikipedia, Springer, etc.
- Handle versions of the same books written in multiple languages
- Easily group books in one or more collections
- Store detailed informations about the created collections
- Record authors' biographies and photos as well as publishers' descriptions and logos.
- Quickly find books within the library by performing either generic or complexed searches or by using one of the automatic filter provided; you can distinguish books by type of format, date of insertion, status, genre, author, publisher
- Move books files from/to the cloud thanks to the built-in support for Dropbox and Google Drive
- Read books: supported formats are cbr, cbz, azw3, mobi, epub, djvu, pdf (Mac Only), rtf, rtfd, odt, chm, htmlz, html book folder
- Convert between books formats; at time, it is possible to convert from epub to azw3 and viceversa and from mobi to epub and, for Mac only, between odt, rtf, rtfd and html.