Developer website: David Rosca and the QupZilla Community
QupZilla is a new and very fast QtWebEngine browser. It aims to be a lightweight web browser available through all major platforms. This project has been originally started only for educational purposes. But from its start, QupZilla has grown into a feature-rich browser. QupZilla has all standard functions you expect from a web browser. It includes bookmarks, history (both also in sidebar) and tabs. Above that, it has by default enabled blocking ads with a built-in AdBlock plugin.
- Native Look'n'Feel - QupZilla is using icons from the active desktop icon theme. If you find native themes too boring or have some problems with it, you can always switch to other themes.
- Unified Library - QupZilla unifies bookmarks, history, and RSS reader in one well-arranged window. No more multiple windows, QupZilla uses just one! With the integrated RSS reader, you can stay up to date with your favourite sites. QupZilla can also import bookmarks from other browsers...
- Integrated AdBlock - Are you tired of websites full of advertisements? Are they eating your bandwidth and time? The only thing you need with QupZilla is to update EasyList or maybe add your own rules and start browsing ad free
- Speed Dial - This popular extension is finally available for QupZilla users! You can now access your favourite pages as fast as you want on one page opened in new tab. Needless to say that it fully supports drag-and-drop and page thumbnail loading
Note: While the software is classified as free, it is actually donationware. Please consider making a donation to help support development.
- Added Unload Tab action
- Added search engine buttons to locationbar completer
- Added option to disable automatic password completion on sites
- Plugins are now always enabled (fixes missing AdBlock)
- Bring back AdBlock and GreaseMonkey icons in statusbar + add new buttons
- Fix incorrect size of buttons in bookmarks toolbar with some styles
- Fix losing session when loading newer profile with old application version
- Fix user agent settings not being applied on startup
- Fix calculating remaining time in download manage
- OS X 10.7 or later