Developer website: Soundness LLC
SoundSoap+ can rescue your recordings from noise problems like air conditioners, traffic, fans, hiss, hum, clicks, pops, crackles, distortion/clipping, and low volume. SoundSoap+ provides several additional audio restoration and enhancement tools in addition to the features found in SoundSoap:
- Broadband Range - Control the range of frequencies where broadband noise reduction is applied - great for reducing artifacts and surgical placement of noise reduction in the spectrum.
- Downward Expander - SoundSoap+ includes a downward expander with adjustable compression ratio and threshold. This control is a very effective tool for reducing low-level noisy audio.
- Enhance Presets - SoundSoap+ provides several addition tone enhancement controls for the multi-band compressor so you can have more control over which audio frequencies you want to bring out - great for enhancing vocals and action camera footage.
- Hum Harmonics - Usually audio with hum problems includes several harmonics of the fundamental hum frequency. SoundSoap+ lets you control the number of number of hum harmonics removed from the audio.
- Hi-Cut and Lo-Cut - SoundSoap+ offers a control to cut high frequencies - useful for eliminating hiss and other high frequencies issues. You can also control the low-frequency cutoff for controlling rumble and other low-frequency issues.
- Thresholds - SoundSoap+ gives you control over the threshold setting used in the Track control, and the threshold setting used by the SoundSoap+ downward expander.
Open the media to be cleaned, and SoundSoap+ will automagically find and remove background noise. Adjust the settings and share the results - it's that easy! In most cases, only a few mouse clicks are needed for powerful results. SoundSoap+ includes everything you need to record and clean your media files.
Note: Version 5 is a paid upgrade. Pricing info can be found here.
Note: Now requires a 64-bit Intel processor.
- Automatic noise detection* - SoundSoap analyzes media files automagically and will try to find the best location for learning noise. SoundSoap then automatically learns noise at this location rather than using a default, flat noise profile.
- Set noise location* on the waveform display in the Media Window - move the vertical red indicator to learn noise at a new location in the media file.
- Waveform display for video* - now you can toggle a view between video and the audio waveform display.
- Improved hum removal - the hum removal algorithm has been greatly improved.
- Enhanced media controls* - return to start, backward, and forward key commands.
- FLAC and MP3 support*
- Audio metering
- Full Bypass* - the Power button on Media Window now bypasses all SoundSoap processing for true A/B comparing.
- Reset* - reset all controls and the noise profile to their default settings.
* = features available using application but not available to plug-in version
- OS X 10.9 or later (standalone)
- OS X 10.6 or later, Intel64/Intel32 (AU and VST plug-ins)