Compare & Sync Folders has been developed with a dual purpose in mind: to be easy-to-use for beginners, but also provide the ability to fine-tune synchronization settings for the most exacting professionals. The app can synchronize multiple pairs of folders at the same time. Using a powerful preview mode, you can view the changes before sync, and change the operation with files, if required. The app also provides robust tools to filter your files and folder so that you sync exactly what you want. Do you have terabytes (TB) of data to sync? No problem! Compare & Sync Folders has been specifically optimized to work with extremely large files and data sources, reliably and efficiently. Compare & Sync Folders is perfect for backups to all media destinations: USB, memory cards, disks on remote computers within your network, and folders on Cloud services (Dropbox, etc.). Compare & Sync Folders is the real and only bidirectional synchronization app that you will ever need! Install VPN Server Configurator, and you can synchronize folders on a remote Mac from anywhere in the world! Install Sync Folders Pro, and you can synchronize folders "on-the-fly" using our real-time sync technology or by schedule!
- Select two folders to synchronize.
- Click "Sync" button.
For the Most Exacting Professionals:
- Sync multiple pairs of folders in same time.
- Synchronize of Macs across a network. Login information for network folders is retained so they can be automatically mounted the next synchronization.
- Synchronize external drives (USB, memory cards, etc.) with your Mac, and vice versa.
- Synchronize between local folders Mac and folders on Cloud services (Dropbox, etc.)
- 9 sync modes. Real bidirectional synchronization software. Tracking deletions, additions, changes in synchronized folders.
- 6 comparison modes (Timestamp, checksum, …).
- 9 modes of file operations. Powerful Preview mode. Change the operation with files before sync, if required.
- 5 search modes for items of the Preview table (by name, path, name and path, …).
- 11 filter modes for items of the Preview table (Missing and Diffs, Missing, Diffs, Equal, …).
- Compare files using QuickLook or "Line by Line" comparison before sync.
- Shows selected files in the Finder.app
- Opens selected files in the default app.
- Execution file operations for the selected items of the Preview table.
- Copy the selected items (Missing, Diffs, …) of the Preview table into the third folder.
- Powerful filters for files and/or folders on the entry and/or exclusion.
- Resolving the file versions conflict.
- Protection against drives shutting down or being dropped during synchronization. Synchronization completed correctly, if during synchronization are turned off synced folders.
- Minor differences in folder modification time stamps may be ignored or honored. See "Allowable deviation of File Modification Date [sec.]".
- Saving the deleted files in a specific location ("Folder for deleted files"). Using this mode you are protected against accidental deletion of files, and can always return all files even after re-synchronizing several times. The structure of folders and subfolders is retained in the "Folder for deleted files".
- Each pairs of folders shows when synchronization was done the last time.
- The synchronization process is logged.
- Save / Load the program settings to a file.
Free Features: 2 synchronization tasks; "A<+>B", "A<->B" sync modes. Other features can be purchased via in-app purchase.