Developer website: Applehelpwriter
DetectX is the troubleshooting tool for your Mac. The only troubleshooting app that runs on every version of OS X from 2011 to present and that allows you to:
- Fix problems: - Use the Detector View to find and trash the hidden and not-so-hidden files belonging to apps and processes that can be responsible for performance problems. There are generally three categories of things the Detector searches for: commercial apps with hidden executables, adware and keyloggers.
- Stay Informed: - DetectX warns you when 3rd party applications, processes or files are added or removed to crucial areas of your mac that may impact performance. The Inspector runs automatically on launch and whenever you manually use the ‘Record’ function in the Inspector View.
- Analyse and Diagnose: - The History View keeps logs of all the Inspector’s runs and allows you or a technical adviser to analyse and diagnose what changes occurred on your mac. For convenience, you can review all logs, individual logs or just a list of changes.
Note: DetectX 2 suggests a $10 license purchase on start-up. Commercial and Institutional users are required to buy a commercial-use license.
- Detector definitions have been updated
- OS X 10.7 or later
- Version for OS X 10.6 available from dev's Web site