Developer website: Bytewizard Ltd.
Ponophile is an easy to use, high quality audio converter for High-End music lovers. Habits of listening music now tend to computer audio, and together with this phenomenon the demand for tracks of high resolution and excellent quality has risen. Good examples of this are the solutions appearing in home environment and street (such as PONO). Two wide-spread musical base materials are available: the SACD and the high quality tracks are to be bought and downloaded directly from the publishers (DSD, DXD). We recommend Ponophile primarily those who would like to play their High-End DSD music stuff on instruments supporting PCM audio formats (WAV, FLAC, AIFF, ALAC).
- Simply and easy to use graphical interface
- Drag/drop operation supported
- Multichannel tracks supported
- High quality conversion algorithm for maximal musical experience
- Full 64bit double precision routines for very high quality resampling
- Multistage 64bit double precision PCM conversion algorithm
- High-slope noise filtering method for undesirable high frequencies
- Using high efficiency low-pass IIR filter (Butterworth, 24dB/octave)
- Automatic/manual peak normalisation ID3 tags automatically transfer
- ID3 Cover art also supported
- PonoPlayer (http://www.ponomusic.com) supported formats are included:
- Input Format:
- DSD512 (DSF/DFF/DSDIFF)
- Supported Frequency:
- 48.0 / 88.2 / 96.0 / 176.4 / 192.0 / 352.8 KHz.
- Supported Bitrate Quality:
- 24 bit Output formats: PCM audio (WAV/FLAC/AIFF/ALAC)
- Updated metadata support
- OS X 10.9 or later