Developer website: PeacockMedia
LIFXstyle was created to help usher in a world where you feel safer in your home, save energy, and can enjoy lighting effects from cosy to practical. LIFXstyle gives you manual control over your LIFX Bulbs bulbs and makes it easy to schedule them for when you're not around. Plus other reassuring security features.
- Works entirely on the local network, doesn't use the LIFX cloud system at all.
- Manual control over each bulb and groups of bulbs
- Control groups of bulbs with a single touch
- Appear to be at home even when you're not by scheduling your lights to switch on and off, or up and down.
- Scheduled times can be slightly randomised so they don't look as if they're on a timer
- 'False dawn' and 'False dusk' which can be scheduled or started manually (just dusk) for lamps or groups
- Access your presets really quickly by assigning your F keys or from the status bar
- Drag-and-drop effects designer for colour-changing or cycling effects
- 'Badges' dock icon with the number of lamps lit
New in version 3
- Improved UI (better navigation and layouts, improved status bar menu)
- Better connectivity and responsiveness
- Supports groups and locations (which will be in sync with the official phone app) as well as the old 'tags' (which were referred to as 'groups' in LIFXstyle v1 and 2)
- Custom colour-picker geared towards smartbulbs, switches between colours and whites with warm/cool adjustment
Updates the list of products within the app, used by the Lamp Explorer window.
Adds two preferences relating to groups:
- Groups display on/off state based on at least one / majority / all
- Using a group's on/off button also makes the settings of all lamps in the group consistent
- OS X 10.9 or later
- See Related Links for OS X 10.8 support
- LIFX bulbs
- LIFX for iOS