Developer website: PeacockMedia
Hue-topia creates a world where you feel safer in your home and can enjoy lighting effects from cosy to practical. It gives you manual control over your bulbs and makes it easy to schedule them for when you're not around. Version 3 has an improved UI, better status bar menu, better colour picker and enables the Hue bulbs 'whites/colour temperature' mode. Free 30-day trial.
- Manual control over each bulb and groups of bulbs; control groups / rooms with a single touch and manage your rooms / locations
- Appear to be at home even when you're not by scheduling your lights to switch on and off, or up and down
- The scheduled times will continue to work when your computer isn't on or isn't in the house.
- Scheduled times can be slightly randomised so they don't look as if they're on a timer.
- 'False dawn' and 'False dusk', which can be scheduled or started manually for lamps or groups
- Detects your bridge - just switch everything on and go (You'll be prompted to press the button on your bridge the first time you start Hue-topia)
- v3 has an enhanced status bar giving you good visual indication, some control and quick access to your presets
- Makes your lamps 'scriptable' using Applescript
- Easily design and run other effects using a drag-and-drop effects designer
- Adds 'Turn all off' and 'Turn all on' to status bar menu, preset submenu
- Fix to 'Turn all off' and 'Turn all on' in hotkeys
- If an effect is running, and user switches lamp/group off (or selects a preset that results in the lamp switching off) then effect is stopped. Previously the effect continued running which could switch the lamp back on.
- Adds drag and drop functionality to colour indicators. You can drag a colour from one lamp to another, or from a lamp to a group. This makes it easy to find a colour you like and then propagate that colour to a group or all lamps. The colour temperature functionality is supported in this.
- Fixes a problem where a group or location containing only dimmable lamps (ie which don't display colours) were displaying a red colour in HT rather than white
- OS X 10.9 or later
- Philips Hue bulbs and their 'Bridge' required (all part of their starter pack)
- For best results, Bridge's firmware must be up-to-date (free and easy to do)
- Version Downloads
- 17 Jan 2018
- Intel 64 / OS X