Developer website: Mohawk Apps, LLC
Hacker Bar lives in your menu bar and provides a steady stream of the top news stories from Y Combinator. This Open-Source utility lets you quickly and discretely check hacker news.
- Grabs the top stories from Y Combinator and seamlessly refreshes them every 5 minutes (or at a customized time interval).
- Puts a check mark beside each viewed story. Never again wonder if a link has been visited and use this feature to quickly jump back to any interesting article.
- Allows multiple stories to open in a new tab by group linking articles. If the web browser is open and the active application, stories will open in the background without closing the Hacker Bar menu.
- Gives easy access to comments with a click of the comment count bubble. Here, registered users can up-vote articles and get flame wars started even faster!
- Can be set to auto start on login, never missing another great Y Combinator story!
- Updated to use the official Hacker News API
- Support for OS X 10.10 Yosemite "Dark Mode"
- Speed improvements and other misc fixes.
- Don't forget, Hacker Bar is open source! Check out the whole change list here: https://github.com/MohawkApps/Hacker-Bar/compare/v1.1.1...v1.2.0
- OS X 10.8 or later