Developer website: Psykosoft Inc.
With Psykopaint you can be a great artist with no skills! Just select a picture you like, pick one of the cool brushes available and Psykopaint will do all the hard work for you! You don't have to worry about choosing colors and can just focus on expressing yourself. It's magic!
Classic, Abstract, Impressionist, Pointillist, Cubist, or Whateverist. It's entirely up to you! Unlike other software based on filters, it's your own personality expressed in a painting.
Everybody will think you are a super awesome painter! And they'll be right! You just didn't have the right tools. ;-)
So what's in the box?
- 6 super cool and crazy brushes : brush, spraycan, ribbons, cannon, knife, pointillist and eraser
- 72 built-in presets (variations for a brush): so you can easily change to a style like Monet, Van Gogh, Renoir, etc.
- Apply some FXs: Saturation, Black-and-White, Brightness, Hue, Old Style...
- Colorize your photos: you can apply any color to your painting and those will blend nicely with your painting.
- Paint without photo: you can as well paint manually and Psykopaint is one of the best software for that!
- Layers: with blend modes just like photoshop and other serious editing apps which cost you a kidney.
Note: Although Finder indicates that this is version 1.0, the developer refers to it as version 1.3.9.
- Fixed critical issue at start with iMac
- OS X 10.8 or later