Developer website: MySafe
MySafe lets you hide and password-protect files and folders.
- Create a Virtual USB key protected with password
- Hide the contents of your secret folders from Spotlight and Finder
- Receive mail and iMessage (with iSight capture, except on OS X 10.11 El Captain), geolocation, IP, Mac name, in case of folder intrusion
- Have multiple MySafe installations on the same Mac
- Place MySafe in your DropBox
Note: The license is free if you "like" MySafe on Facebook or YouTube. Please check my website for more info and a video demo: mysafe.free.fr
Note: MacUpdate Desktop and Finder show this app at version 1.0, but the dev states it is at 10.11.
- Now working on OS X 10.11 El Captain
- Always on app style, quit when safe is ejected, or eject safe when quitting
- Zip file lighter, only 1.2 MB/li>
- Only one app start in the dock
- OS X 10.6.8 or later
- Apple Mail with at least one account
- OS X 10.8 or later with at least one account set in Message for iMessage option