Developer website: New Breed Software
Tux Paint is an open source drawing program for young children. Fun and easy to use. Includes drawing tools, Rubber Stamp support, 'Magic' special effect tools, multiple undo/redo, one-click Save, thumbnail browser for Loading, and sound effects. Translated into over 15 languages.
Note: Now requires OS X 10.5 or later running on a 64-bit Intel processor
- Label - A tool to add text to a drawing, which can be modified or moved later
New Magic Tools
- Blinds - Close window blinds over your picture. Pattern - Draws a tiled pattern around the picture. Perspective - Change the image's perspective. Mosaic Hexagon, Mosaic irregular, Mosaic square - Glass mosaic effects. Tiles - Draws a symettric pattern around the picture. Zoom - Zoom the image in or out.
- Puzzle - Slide parts of your picture around like a sliding puzzle.
- ROYGBIV Rainbow - Draw a rainbow arc using solid colors of Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo and Violet.
- Symmetry Left/Right, Symmetry Up/Down - Paint with relfective symmetry across the horizontal or vertical center of the image. (Like Kaleidoscope, but only one mirrored brush, either left/right or up/down.)
- Wet Paint - Draws a light coat of paint, and smudges at the same time.
- Xor Colors - Colors based on the position drawn on the picture.
Build System Improvements
- Variety of tweaks to help Tux Paint cross-compile for Windows under Linux
- Added support for building under Haiku OS
- Integrated OpenCandy-powered recommendation service into Windows installation scripts (InnoSetup), as an option
- Using $LDFLAGS when linking Magic tool plugins and Tux Paint binary
- OS X 10.5 or later