Developer website: Canato
MidiYodi is an application that allows editing, examination, and playback of MIDI files, including the following rich set of features:
- Midi File Examination
- MIDI File Explorer: Scans entire folders for MIDI files and for each file displays information such as type, number of tracks, available instruments,song duration, tempo, key- and time signatures.
- Song and Tracks Overview: Displays the rolled-out contents of a MIDI file including a measure bar and all its tracks. Each track displays miniature 'notes', instrument and a volume curve. In addition meta events such as markers, tempos, time signatures and key signatures are visualized.
- Keyboard Examiner: Displays all notes for a track in a keyboard like viewer.
- Score Examiner: Displays all notes for a track in a score like viewer.
- Event Examiner: Displays all events for a track including event position (beat, time and tick), category (meta, voice or system), type (note on/off, program change etc) and value.
- MIDI File Editing
- Single track files (type 0) can be "trackified" and converted (type 1).
- Song can be transposed in half-tones up or down and individual tracks can be transposed in 8va's
- Tempo can be altered.
- Tracks can have their name, instrument and volume changed.
- Tracks can be removed.
- Sections of the song can be cut out.
- Any MIDI event (meta, voice or system) can be added or updated.
- Voice events can be moved from one channel to another.
- Save, Save As and Undo/Redo functionality included.
- MIDI File Playback
- Controls to start and pause playback in a tape recorder fashion.
- Selected sections of a song can be played in loop mode
- Quick navigation by clicking anywhere in the song or jump to the next/previous marker, tempo- , time signature- or key signature change.
- Controls to Mute or Solo any track.
- MidiYodi Customization
- Default examiner (displayed when a track is double-clicked) selection.
- Color theme selection.
- Language selection
- MIDI Output device selection.
- Default MIDI-file to load when MidiYodi is launched
- Remembers the directory where you last opened a MIDI file.
- Bug fixed that on screen setup changes possibly could make MidiYodi windows appear ouside screen(s)
- Property file name changed - now reads midiyodi.xml instead of midiyodi30.xml
- Password algorithm changed. New license key will be needed in order to run this version (Registered license holders can send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain a new license key for free)
- OS X 10.7 or later
- Java 1.7 or later