Developer website: Michaël Fortin
Black Hole is a powerful application that allows you to clear sensitive information from your Mac with a single click. Black Hole automates many operations such as quitting applications, removing recent items from application menus, emptying the Trash, and more. More time for you!
- Retina graphics for the new MacBook Pros with Retina display.
- Black Hole is signed for Gatekeeper support on OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion.
- Added the ability to shut down, restart or put your Mac to sleep after cleanup.
- The Recent Items cleaner can now clear Finder and Apple Menu recent items.
- You can now use bash-like wildcard characters (*) in paths in the Files cleaner.
- Added new Files cleaner rules for Firefox, Chrome and Opera (many of these use the new wildcards feature).
- Added many additional rules submitted by users.
- Black Hole now empties the trash on external volumes as well.
- Occasional stall while the Volumes cleaner was running.
- Fixed support links to redirect to the correct webpage.
- Other small bug fixes.
- Black Hole is now using ARC and is built using LLVM for better performance.
- Mac OS X 10.7 or later
- 64-bit processor