Developer website: ExactCODE GmbH
OCRKit uses OCR (optical character recognition) technology to recognize the text in the graphic, which is particularly useful for PDFs received via e-mail, created by DTP, office applications, or with a scanner or copier. Create searchable PDFs, RTF, HTML, or Unicode plain text simply by dragging a document on the OCRKit application or Dock icon.
- Text recognition accuracy
- Instant content search ability
- PDF compression
- High-speed conversion
- Stability and performance
The OCR engine recognizes the following languages: Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Polish, Portuguese, Rumanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish, Ukrainian, and Norwegian.
- Improved support for retaining more PDF images
- Improved support for rare PNG variants
- Various other fixes and improvements
- OS X 10.6 or later