greatly simplifies the deployment of JRuby and its runtime dependencies. It includes ready-to-run versions of JRuby, Rails, Java, Tomcat, GlassFish gem, MySQL and Subversion.
JRuby is a 100% Java implementation of the Ruby programming language. It is Ruby for the JVM. JRuby provides a complete set of core "builtin" classes and syntax for the Ruby language, as well as most of the Ruby Standard Libraries.
With JRubyStack you can:
- Develop your JRuby on Rails application using Java from Ruby.
- Launch your application with the GlassFish server thanks to the GlassFish gem.
- Make a .war file out of your application in 3 simple steps (see Quick Start Guide for details).
- Deploy it to the bundled Tomcat.
- Commit and Checkout your code with the subversion client.
JRubyStack is distributed for free under the Apache 2.0 license and the native installers were built using BitRock's multiplatform installer.