Note: According to developer, the GUI for the commercial Mac App Store version is best suited for Mac OS X.
MediaInfo provides easy access to technical and tag information about video and audio files.
A non-exhaustive list of the information MediaInfo can retrieve:
- Container: format, profile, commercial name of the format, duration, overall bit rate, writing application and library, title, author, director, album, track number, date, duration...
- Video: format, codec id, more...
- Turkish translations updated thanks to Burak
- QuickTime: new field ScanOrder_Stored, displayed when display and Stored orders are not same (replacing ScanOrder_StoredDisplayedInverted field)
- IMF: better support of IMF files having more than 1 ressource per track
- IMF: better support of IMF files EntryPoint and SourceDuration fields
- MPEG-TS: EBP more...
- OS X 10.6 or later