Developer website: Boxee, Inc.
Features & Benefits: Designed for the TV using a Remote Control - connect your computer to a TV using an DVI/VGA to HDMI cable.
On a laptop or connected to an HDTV, Boxee's free software lets you navigate all your personal movies, TV shows, music and photos, as well as streaming content from websites like MLB, Netflix, Pandora, Last.fm, and Flickr from one screen with a remote.
Version 1.5 of Boxee is currently being tested by Boxee Box Early Access users and will soon be available in Beta. We plan to release 1.5 together with Live TV later in January. Here's some of the new features you can look forward to on the Boxee Box…
- Home Screen - We've added links to the standard menu to launch the Browser and Live TV (once you've attached the dongle). We also gave the featured section a small facelift.
- Menu - The Menu is now more accessible, popping up as an overlay that lets you quickly navigate between different sections or search. we also optimized search to minimize the number of clicks.
- Movies & TV Shows - We updated the layout of Movies and TV Shows for easier navigation by Genre and Source as well as providing quick access to trailers.
- There is also a new Movie details screen with extended synopsis and cast & crew information. For TV Shows it is now much easier to jump between seasons and see which episodes you already watched.
- Watch Later & Friends - We expanded the thumbnails in Watch Later & Friends sections and now let you filter between clips, TV Shows and Movies.
*Previously available here