SimpleAuthority is a fully functional Certification Authority (CA) that is designed to be very easy to use. It generates and manages keys and certificates that provide cryptographic digital identities for people and/or computer servers. These identities are designed to be used in other applications such as for:
- secure two factor authentication - using a technology like KeyVault for controlling access to Web resources
- secure email - for digital signing and encryption of email
- document signing - including PDF, Word, and OpenOffice documents
- VPN access - to provide a much higher level of security than username/password access
- client SSL authentication - to control access to an online service such as a subversion repository or wiki
- server SSL authentication - to authenticate a Web server to people within a known community.
SimpleAuthority comes in Free, Standard, and Enterprise editions. Information can be found here.