Developer website: No Magic, Inc.
MagicDraw is a visual UML modeling and CASE tool with teamwork support. Designed for business analysts, software analysts, programmers, qa engineers, and documentation writers, this dynamic and versatile development tool facilitates analysis and design of Object Oriented (OO) systems and databases. It provides the industry's best code engineering mechanism (with full round-trip support for J2EE, C#, C++, CORBA IDL programming languages, .NET, XML Schema, WSDL), as well as database schema modeling, DDL generation and reverse engineering facilities.
Version 18.0 beta (build 170624):
- New Plugin for Model Based Requirements Management - Good news for business analysts and architects, software engineers, enterprise architects, systems engineers, and other users, who work with requirements! No Magic, Inc. presents a new plugin named Cameo Requirements Modeler, which provides full support for model-based requirements engineering.
- Glossary - Avoid confusion -- use Glossary! Define your terms in one place and later use them everywhere in your project. Reuse glossaries in other projects. Glossary saves time by ensuring consistent usage of terminology in the organization. It also improves the communication between team members since terms are understood in the same way and definitions become visible everywhere the terms are used.
- New Approach for Calculating Metrics - Need to perform a comprehensive analysis of current state of your project or get only the numerical evaluation of some particular aspect of it? Must track the evolution of your model over the course of time? Expect to have all the information represented in a user-friendly environment? Try the new approach for calculating metrics!
- Increased Modeling Efficiency - The recent enhancements for modeling efficiency, such as smarter path layout, tabbed browsing, shorthand of creating diagrams, unified UI for symbols manipulation, and scope selection in tables, saves time, which allows focusing on what to model, but not how to model and keep the result well-formed.
- Instances Tables - Need to handle a huge amount of instance specifications? Feel annoyed about editing their slot values one by one in the limited-size cells of the Specification window? Try instance tables!
- UML 2.5 Support - As a honored member of OMG, we are proud to state that MagicDraw is a pioneer in support of the latest major UML standard.
- Document Modeling Plugin (Technology Preview)
- Discontinued Compatibilities and Dropped Integrations -- Important for OS X users
- File Format Changes
- Open API Changes
- OS X 10.7 or later
- Java SE 7 update 25 or later
- Demo requires registration