Developer website: Storyist Software
Storyist is a powerful story-development tool for novelists and screenwriters. With an intuitive interface that puts you in control, Storyist provides:
- a word processor with a page-layout view and support for headers, footers, and style sheets;
- a storyboard with customizable story sheets for tracking your plot, characters, and settings; and
- a project manager with fast, project-wide search capabilities to keep your writing organized and accessible.
Note: Now requires OS X 10.13 or later
- Dark Mode on Mojave-Storyist 4 for macOS sports a beautiful new content-aware dark mode when running on Mojave. Many apps only support dark mode when your Mac is in dark mode, but Storyist 4 takes it a step further. Dark mode is available even if your Mac is running with the Light appearance and you can choose either dark text on a light background or light text on a dark background.
- Quick Navigation-Getting around your project has never been easier. You can use the new Go To command to get to any project view with a few keystrokes.
- Enhanced PDF Export-Sometimes you just need to make a PDF from several files in your project. Storyist 4 lets you quickly assemble and export a PDF without needing to create a book. This is useful for adding a title page to a manuscript or for assembling a couple chapters to send to your critique group.
- And More-Storyist 4 comes with many other enhancements, including an updated outliner, a more flexible full screen view, and animation, performance and usability improvements.
- OS X 10.13 or later