Developer website: El34 Software
Eddie is a programmer's editor for OS X.
- Fast, simple and lightweight native Cocoa app with serious power under the hood
- Ideal for Obj-C/C++11 development, Python, Swift, HTML, Perl, Lua, etc.
- Powerful coding features such as code completion and symbol lookup, function popup and syntax coloring as well as C++/Obj-C prototyper that makes writing code a snap
- Optional tabbed windows, multi-pane windows
- An extensive array of capable, fully configurable keyboard shortcuts, such as Smart Swap
- Multiple clipboards with extended functionality
- Supports an MPW-style Worksheet -- a full-featured shell that combines the power of bash and the ease of editing in a normal text window-like mode
- Opens and edits even huge, multi-MB files with ease.
- Available as a 64 bit/32 bit Universal Binary
- Open/save to SFTP/SSH server makes remote document editing a breeze
- Integrates with Subversion and Git
- New language support including Swift indexing, Golang and Markdow coloring and function popup
- Compatibility with macOS Catalina
- Improvements to multi-file search & replace
- Added "Wrap selection by matching delimiters"
- Other numerous improvements and bug fixes, see Release Notes for a complete list
- OS X 10.5.8 or later