The developer claims that he wants suggestions, so here are mine:
• Over all, this is a great concept and a great app. It also works pretty fast.
• Change the image icon in the toolbar. It is ambiguous; if I didn't already know what it was, I wouldn't have a clue.
• Out of curiosity, does this use Spotlight? If it does, why is there not find as you type? Either way, find as you type would be good.
• There needs to be some kind of icon indication in the search results bar if an item is an image.
• A way to filter out white images/images with not size would be nice. I thought it didn't work at first because I pulled up a blank image.
• The image search should use thumbnails, with the ability to sort them by size in case there are a bunch. Otherwise, you can only search for image names or urls, which usually aren't very descriptive.
• Source coloring or the ability to open it in another app would be nice. Also, if it could highlight the search occurrence in the source, that would be helpful.
• Just a list of domain names for searches. The stated purpose of this app is to find forgotten pages, and that would make it faster. Also, if domains could be unchecked from the search results, so I could eliminate the pages from domains that I know that I am not looking for.
• This program is pretty straight forward, but some documentation would be nice anyway. I'm not exactly sure why the folder option is there or what it does (for different browsers?).
• A little iphoto style calendar to help sort through dates would be neat.
• One last suggestion: the stated purpose of this program is to find forgotten pages that were previously visited, so maybe adding a history search would be applicable. But then, there are plenty of apps (including Safari) that already do that.
I hope these aren't too hard to implement, they are just ideas though.