Developer website: AlphaOmega Software
Startup Chime Stopper is what you need if you are fed up with the irritating chime of your Macintosh at startup. You want to remove it? You want to start your Macintosh without noise?
Startup Chime Stopper allows you to remove the irritating chime of your Macintosh at startup.
- It removes the irritating chime of your Macintosh at startup.
- It is a background application that does not appear in the Dock.
- It doesn't need any installation which makes it very easy to use.
- It is available in Dutch, English, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Latvian, Norwegian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, and many other languages.
- A full recompilation has been made to be compatible with High Sierra, and as Universal Binary to keep being compatible with both old (PowerPC) Macs and recent (Intel) Macs.
- The "How to intall it?" paragraph of the documentation has been updated to explain how to install and launch the Application in particular under Mac OS 10.13 High Sierra:
- Under Mac OS 10.13 High Sierra, if you're launching the Application for the first time, maybe Mac OS X's GateKeeper (which you can configure in the "System Preferences") will refuse to launch it because you've not downloaded it from the Mac App Store (but from our website). In this case, instead of double-clicking on it, all you have to do is to right-click on the Application's icon, and then select the "Open" menu. A message will appear in which you'll be able to confirm that you want to launch the Application (even if it was not downloaded from the Mac App Store from an Identified Developer).
- OS X 10.1.5 or later