Developer website: Aprelium Technologies
Abyss Web Server X1 is a free personal Web server. Despite its small footprint, it supports secure SSL connections (HTTPS), download resuming, caching negotiation, logging, CGI/FastCGI, ISAPI extensions, Server Side Includes (SSI), custom error pages, password protection, URL rewriting, IP address control, aliases, custom MIME types, index files, custom directory listings, anti-leeching, and bandwidth throttling. It features also an automatic anti-hacking system and an intuitive multilingual remote Web management interface.
With Abyss Web Server X1, hosting your site and your PHP, Perl, Python, or Ruby on Rails Web applications is a matter of a few minutes.
- Integrated support for automatically requesting, fetching, and installing free SSL/TLS certificates from ACME certification authorities such as Let's Encrypt®. No third party script or tool is required for this feature which is fully controllable using the Web-based console of Abyss Web Server.
- The reverse-proxy feature now supports HTTPS and WebSocket back-ends.
- Added support for dual hosting on both HTTP and HTTPS in the free personal edition X1. This feature was previously only available in the professional edition X2.
- Added a new field Debugging Label to URL rewriting rules. Such a label, if defined, will be added in the URL rewriting log to help locate the rules as they are listed and reported.
- Added support for Linux distributions based on a systemd init system. The autostart-setup script has been updated accordingly and will now install Abyss Web Server as a service on almost any Linux distribution.
Improved macOS support
- The new version improves macOS support in numerous ways:
- Abyss Web Server features support for the new Dark Mode on macOS 10.14 (Mojave.)
- Abyss Web Server is now conformant with modern macOS GateKeeper and integrated firewall thanks to its signature.
- Abyss Web Server will run on the latest macOS 10.14 (Mojave) down to Mac OS X 10.4 (Lion).
- Abyss Web Server ships as a 3-architecture Universal Binary. Inside its application, there are three native executables side by side, each for a different architecture. Abyss Web Server will run natively on modern 64-bit Intel Macs (x86_64), on legacy 32-bit Intel Macs (i386) and on legacy PowerPC Macs (ppc.)
Note: Native PowerPC support as well as Mac OS X 10.4 as a minimum requirement makes Abyss Web Server one of the rare modern day software that continues to be compatible with Macs built 1999 onward. This is part of our effort to help our users and customers maintain their old computers and continue using them effectively. Most legacy computers have enough power and speed to handle Web service tasks without any issues.
- OS X 10.4 or later