Tumult Whisk is a lightweight HTML and PHP editor with a live preview that updates as you type.
Note: Whisk is the app previously known as HyperEdit!
Whisk’s integrated preview pane displays the web page live as you type. Whisk breaks the tedious cycle of writing HTML, saving the file, then reloading and viewing the page in the browser. Combining the writing phase with the viewing phase clarifies the effects of your changes and speeds up the overall process of making a web page. W3C-based validation will red-underline any mistakes. It uses the same rendering engine found in Safari, so it is not only standards compliant, but also very fast.
Use Whisk For:
- Crafting HTML to make sure it looks exactly as you want it
- Testing and executing PHP code
- Writing blog posts, forum entries, or rich emails
- Interactively trying out CSS
- And creating whole websites
- Preview pane quickly renders HTML and PHP as typed, using the same engine as Safari
- Watched Files automatically (or manually) determine when files are changed and will reload the web preview (file access permissions required)
- Live HTML W3C-based validation shows errors and highlights problem tags with a red underline
- Preview to other browsers or the Hype Reflect app on iOS
- Web inspector/console/dev tools access
- Customizable syntax highlighting coloring
- Reusable code snippets and color swatches
- Scroll sync keeps can keep the editor and preview at similar spots
- View HTML source code generated by the PHP engine
- Attach Style Sheets for viewing how blog posts/markup will look with external styling
Because We Love the Mac:
- Written in Cocoa exclusively as a macOS app (supports 10.12 through 10.15)
- Adopts new macOS features and is gorgeous in Light and Dark modes