Platypus is a developer tool that creates native Mac applications from interpreted scripts such as shell scripts or Perl and Python programs. This is done by wrapping the script in an application bundle directory structure along with an application binary that runs the script.
Platypus makes it easy to share scripts and programs with those unfamiliar with the command line interface. Native user-friendly applications can be created with a few clicks. It is very easy to create installers, maintenance applications, login items, status menu items, launchers, automations and droplets using Platypus.
Here are some
- New Build All Examples feature
- App windows now remember size and position between launches
- Various user interface improvements
- Smarter handling of dropped files
- Smarter automatic app name generation from script name
- Output string "----n" in Status Menu interface now creates menu separator item
- Uniform Type Identifiers and
- OS X 10.7 or later