Platypus is a developer tool for creating application wrappers around scripts. In other words, it creates Mac OS X applications that execute a script which is bundled with the application. Command line scripts can thus be run transparently from the graphical window environment, integrating seamlessly with the user interface.
Here are some of the features Platypus has to offer:
- Supports shell scripts, Perl, Python, PHP, Ruby, Expect, Tcl, AppleScript
- Supports arbitrary interpreter -- thus support for any script type
- Executing scripts with root privileges via Apple's Security more...
Note: Now requires OS X 10.7 or later running on a 64-bit Intel processor.
- This is a major update to Platypus with lots of new features
- Modernised user interface with high-resolution icons and interface assets
- Added support for Uniform Type Identifiers (UTIs) in Drop Settings
- Added NOTIFICATION: syntax, which sends a notification to more...
- OS X 10.7 or later