Developer website: Gerard Putter
Often, binary content comes in the form of sets of many files that together form a "rar" archive. MacPAR deLuxe assist you in combining these files after the download finishes.
- It verifies that the file set is complete, and all files are undamaged. MacPAR deLuxe can recover missing information by processing so called "par" and "par2" files.
- After the verification step, MacPAR deLuxe unpacks the data. If possible with its built-in unrar engine, or otherwise by launching the appropriate program.
- Full support for the "par 1" and "par 2" standards.
- Perform verification, recovery and automatic unrar (if applicable) by just double-clicking the ".par" or ".par2" file in the Finder.
- Get a clear overview of the status of all files (complete / incomplete / missing).
- Create a par or par2 volume set by dragging files to the window and simply save the document.
- Open a rar archive and unpack the files inside.
- Speeds up the par process by making optimal use of multiple processor cores.
- Can automatically start an external program to process files in the par set.
- Can open multiple windows and run multiple jobs at the same time.
- Alternatively, multiple jobs can be queued and processed one after the other, to save machine overhead.
- Many configurable options.
- Fully compatible with "other" par and rar utilities.
- Extensive documentation included via the "Help" menu.
- Shareware: you can make make a donation if you like the program.
- This version requires OS X 10.9 (Mavericks) or later.
- The application now processes archives created with rar version 5.
- Each finished unrar (both successful and unsuccessful) is reported in the notification center.
- Removed the option to automatically show the unrar result in the Finder; this is now accomplished by clicking the notification.
- If a rar archive contains just one item, the application does not create an enclosing folder anymore.
- If the unrar destination already exists on disk, the application now has the option to rename the existing item before extracting the new item.
- A number of stability and reliability improvements.
- OS X 10.9 or later