is a utility program that runs on the Apple Macintosh. It is useful to you if you download (or upload) binary files from internet newsgroups (a.k.a. "Usenet").
Often, binary content comes in the form of sets of many files that together form a "rar" archive. MacPAR deLuxe assist you in combining these files after the download finishes.
- It verifies that the file set is complete, and all files are undamaged. MacPAR deLuxe can recover missing information by processing so called "par" and "par2" files.
- After the verification step, MacPAR deLuxe unpacks the data. If possible with its built-in unrar engine, or otherwise by launching the appropriate program.
- Full support for the "par 1" and "par 2" standards.
- Perform verification, recovery and automatic unrar (if applicable) by just double-clicking the ".par" or ".par2" file in the Finder.
- Get a clear overview of the status of all files (complete / incomplete / missing).
- Create a par or par2 volume set by dragging files to the window and simply save the document.
- Open a rar archive and unpack the files inside.
- Speeds up the par process by making optimal use of multiple processor cores.
- Can automatically start an external program to process files in the par set.
- Can open multiple windows and run multiple jobs at the same time.
- Alternatively, multiple jobs can be queued and processed one after the other, to save machine overhead.
- Many configurable options.
- Fully compatible with "other" par and rar utilities.
- Extensive documentation included via the "Help" menu.
- Shareware: you can make make a donation if you like the program.