Disco XT is a versatile audio application for DJ mixing, music playback, and music management. The software has been designed for both realtime live performances and for creating mixes offline.
- Manual and automated mixing modes, digital audio decks, mixer, sampler, extensive music library, playlist creation, effects, microphone input, recording mixes, customizable user interface, and more.
- Two audio players with waveform displays and tempo / time-stretching.
- Mixer with filters, EQs, crossfader and BPM detection.
- Automated mixing with different editable transition types and a transition editor for creating precise transitions for particular songs with transition prelistening.
- Dual output for separate headphone and speaker listening.
- Limited / basic support for hardware controllers.
- Music library with searching, genre, artist and album filters, artwork browser, customizable columns, song information editing, and optional iTunes library mirroring.
- Creating and editing playlists and organizing playlists to folders.
- Sampler for playing shorter audio samples in the mix, includes sample editor for cropping samples and for adjusting tempo and pitch of the samples.
- User-editable effect chains with chorus/flanger, phaser, delay, filter, and advanced reverb.
- Microphone input with voiceover for adding voice to the mix.
- User-editable multipage tabbed interface. Recording audio output to a file with option for automatic splitting to multiple tracks.
- Playback is interrupted every 30 minutes.