OpenZFS was announced in September 2013 as the truly open source successor to the ZFS project. Our community brings together developers from the illumos, FreeBSD, Linux, and OS X platforms, and a wide range of companies that build products on top of OpenZFS. OpenZFS is an outstanding storage platform that encompasses the functionality of traditional filesystems, volume managers, and more, with consistent reliability, functionality and performance.
The high-level goals of OpenZFS are:
- to raise awareness of the quality, utility, and more...
- Print the spl version found instead of "v0.01" (ilovezfs)
- Only replace a pre-existing custom icon if it's the snowflake (ilovezfs)
- Run osascript as the logged-in user so the notifications actually show up (ilovezfs)
- Check for ZEVO either still installed or uninstalled but pre-reboot, and display error for the user (ilovezfs)
- Fix "Load the more...
- OS X 10.8 or later