Gifsicle is a command-line tool for creating, editing, and getting information about GIF images and animations. Making a GIF animation with gifsicle is easy:
gifsicle --delay=10 --loop *.gif > anim.gif
Extracting frames from animations is easy too:
- gifsicle anim.gif '#0' > firstframe.gif
- You can also edit animations by replacing, deleting, or inserting frames:
- gifsicle -b anim.gif --replace '#0' new.gif
- Batch mode for changing GIFs in place.
- Prints detailed information about GIFs, including comments. more...
- Correct an optimization bug introduced in 1.76.
- Major improvements to color selection (important when reducing colormap size). Use gamma-corrected colors in selection and dithering; this makes image quality much better. Also, when reducing colors with dithering, prefer to select colors that dithering can't approximate.
- Add ordered dithering modes, which avoid animation more...
- OS X 10.5 or later
Similar SoftwareOpen Comparison
Suggest Other Similar Software