VirtualC64 is a user friendly Commodore-64 emulator. It utilizes a cycle-based simulation engine to achieve high compatibility. Although cycle accurate emulation consumes more computing time than, e.g., line-based emulation, all modern machines provide enough computing power to imitate a C64 in real-time. VirtualC64 does not yet reach the awesome compatibility of the classical emulators such as Hoxs64, Vice, or Frodo. However, plenty of games are already running and the list of compatible applications grows with every new release. Right now, VirtualC64 supports the following file formats: D64, T64, PRG, P00.more...
- Vastly improved VC1541 emulation.
- VC1541 head movement is now audible. Can be disabled in hardware dialog.
- Enhanced thread and sound synchronization (less jitter).
- New menu item: Show/Hide status bar (CTRL-B shortcut).
- Status bar hides automatically in fullscreen mode.
- Keys on the numeric keypad are now treated as separate more...
- OS X 10.9 or later