GlimmerBlocker is a different kind of ad blocker. The problem with other ad blockers for Safari is that they are implemented as awful hacks: as an InputManager and/or ApplicationEnhancer. This compromises the stability of Safari and very often creates problems when Apple releases a new version. GlimmerBlocker is implemented as an HTTP proxy, so the stability of Safari isn't compromised because it doesn't use any hacks. It is even compatible with all other browsers.
You'll always be able to upgrade Safari without breaking GlimmerBlocker (or waiting for a new release); and you'll be able to upgrade GlimmerBlocker more...
- Now fully embeds java runtime so installation of old Apple java library is no longer required.
- Detect application/smil as XML. Reported by Rasmus Bengtsson.
- Use ISO-8859-1 when sending http headers to browser. Reported by Daniel Brauer.
- Workaround for servers which sends space before colon in http headers. Reported by a contributor.
- Smart quotes are now more...
- OS X 10.9 or later