Second Life is a 3D virtual world entirely built and owned by its residents. Since opening to the public in 2003, it has grown explosively, and today is inhabited by a total of 5,145,919 people from around the globe.
From the moment you enter the World you'll discover a vast digital continent, teeming with people, entertainment, experiences, and opportunity. Once you've explored a bit, perhaps you'll find a perfect parcel of land to build your house or business.
You'll also be surrounded by the creations of your fellow residents. Because residents retain the rights to their digital creations, they can buy, more...
- Reduced pipelined texture and mesh fetching timeout so that stalled connections fail quickly allowing earlier retry. Timeout value changed from 150 seconds to 60 seconds for textures, and 600 to 240 seconds for meshes.
- Avatars are not coming on viewer
- nothing is rezing in SL,, av's are all gray and more...
- OS X 10.6 or later
- Minimum graphics:
- ATI Radeon 9200 and above
- NVIDIA GeForce 2, GeForce 4
- Cable or DSL connection