Platypus is a developer tool for creating application wrappers around scripts. In other words, it creates Mac OS X applications that execute a script which is bundled with the application. Command line scripts can thus be run transparently from the graphical window environment, integrating seamlessly with the user interface.
Here are some of the features Platypus has to offer:
- Supports shell scripts, Perl, Python, PHP, Ruby, Expect, Tcl, AppleScript
- Supports arbitrary interpreter -- thus support for any script type
- Executing scripts with root privileges via Apple's Security more...
Note: Now requires OS X 10.6 or later.
- Users can now manually increase/decrease the font size in Platypus-generated apps
- Status menu items can now be selected. This will run the script again with the menu title as an argument.
- Arguments can now be passed to Platypus-generated apps via the command line
- In Progress Bar output, it is now more...
- OS X 10.6 or later