Platypus is a developer tool for creating application wrappers around scripts. In other words, it creates Mac OS X applications that execute a script which is bundled with the application. Command line scripts can thus be run transparently from the graphical window environment, integrating seamlessly with the user interface.
Here are some of the features Platypus has to offer:
- Supports shell scripts, Perl, Python, PHP, Ruby, Expect, Tcl, AppleScript
- Supports arbitrary interpreter -- thus support for any script type
- Executing scripts with root privileges via Apple's Security Framework more...
- New "Prompt for file on launch" option
- Redesigned Drop Settings sheet
- Fixed issue where version would not appear in Get Info in Finder (missing CFBundleShortVersionString)
- Generated apps have NSHumanReadableCopyright defined again
- Extensive updates to documentation
- "Provide as a Mac OS X Service" no longer enabled by default more...