As of July 2012, Thunderbird has transitioned to a new governance model, with new features being developed by the broader free software and open source community, and security fixes and improvements handled by Mozilla.
Thunderbird is a free, open-source, cross-platform e-mail and news client developed by the Mozilla Foundation. The project strategy is modeled after Mozilla Firefox, a project aimed at creating a Web browser.
- Reading of local files through manipulation of form autocomplete
- Out-of-bounds read and write while rendering SVG content
- Use-after-free in IndexedDB
- Invoking Mozilla updater will load locally stored DLL files
- Miscellaneous memory safety hazards (rv:36.0 / rv:31.5)
- OS X 10.6 or later