Developer website: earthlingsoft
UnicodeChecker is an application that displays information for every code point from the Unicode Standard. For a given number, UnicodeChecker will display that character along with its UTF-8, UTF-16, and UTF-32 encodings, XHTML entity, Unicode Name, mapping information, and much more.
UnicodeChecker features several conversion functions and other Unicode utilities, some of which are also added to the OS X "Services" menu and/or AppleScript (e.g., converting text to and from HTML character entities, (un-)escaping Unicode for CSS or Java, getting properties via AppleScript) so they can be used from within other applications.
- Uses Unicode 11.0.0 data files.
- Network transfers are now made using HTTPS instead of HTTP.
- UnicodeChecker is now code signed for increased security and can therefore be run with strict Gatekeeper settings.
- Bugfix: The Unihan download window would not be closed.
- Bugfix: The IDNA conversion plugin was missing.
- OS X 10.7 or later