: Applying this update to your iPod will limit its output to 100dB, which puts it in compliance with European standards. If you want to have deafening sound, do NOT apply this update to your iPod.
[ via MacGeneration ] iPod Software 1.2.2 adds significant enhancements and new features to iPod. Some features require iTunes 3 or later To get the latest version of iTunes, go to www.apple.com/itunes/download.
- Audio playback and user interface improvements
- Browse music by additional categories, including albums, genres, and composers
- Support for iTunes 3 Sound Check, which automatically adjusts for
drastic differences in volume between different songs for a more consistent
- Calendar -- display industry standard iCalendar appointments and alarms
- Clock -- view the date and time
- Battery icon now correctly indicates a full charge
- Connection feedback on the iPod screen, indicating when it\'s safe to unplug the FireWire cable
- Support for AudibleTM audiobooks and audio programs
- Compliant with EN 50332-1