Developer website: Luca Deri
ntop is a network traffic probe that shows the network usage, similar to what the popular top Unix command does. ntop is based on libpcap.
- Beside bug fixes and general improvements, in this release we redesigned the ntop engine, that up to version 4.x was a bit cumbersome.
- We now have a layer 2 (MAC Address) and layer 3 (IP address) so that the old -o flag is no longer used.
- Sessions are now enabled by default, as they are used widely in ntop.
- We update netflow collection supporting new flow templates and circumventing better some implementation flows of probes embedded on hardware devices.
- Support of nDPI that allows ntop to know the real protocol, regardless of the port being used to exchange data. To date more than 140 protocols are supported, and this number will grow in the near future.
- We decided to begin to redesign the GUI, adding new graphs that can better represent facts using a simple and clean design.
Mac OS X 10.1 or later