Eudora Mailbox Cleaner ... Eudora mailboxes do not adhere to the standard mbox format which makes importing into other applications somewhat of a pain - the default import function for Eudora mailboxes of most mail client thus exhibit some problems, namely:
- Most HTML and rich-text messages are not imported properly (you see all formatting tags instead of the properly formatted message)
- All messages are imported as "unread," i.e., the original message status flags are ignored
- Attachments in the messages are lost
- Sent messages might lose their original date and show the date of import instead
- There is no straightforward way for importing Eudora's nicknames into the MacOS X Address Book
- There is no option for importing Eudora's filters
'Eudora Mailbox Cleaner' solves these problems by providing an alternate, direct import of mailboxes from Eudora into Mail or Thunderbird. Furthermore, it migrates Eudora's filters into Mail rules and directly imports Eudora nickname files into the Mac OS X Address Book or the current Thunderbird profile.