Developer website: Andreas Amann
Eudora Mailbox Cleaner ... Eudora mailboxes do not adhere to the standard mbox format which makes importing into other applications somewhat of a pain - the default import function for Eudora mailboxes of most mail client thus exhibit some problems, namely:
- Most HTML and rich-text messages are not imported properly (you see all formatting tags instead of the properly formatted message)
- All messages are imported as "unread," i.e., the original message status flags are ignored
- Attachments in the messages are lost
- Sent messages might lose their original date and show the date of import instead
- There is no straightforward way for importing Eudora's nicknames into the MacOS X Address Book
- There is no option for importing Eudora's filters
- Improved handling of attachments with long names - if the original file cannot be found (file's inode on disk has changed) the application now tries to find the attachment based on the partial filename available. If only one possible match is found it will be used, in case of multiple possible matches none of them will be attached in order not to re-attach the wrong file (either case will be logged in the conversion log file).
- Improve parsing of full names within mailing lists to recognize additional formats.
- Improve parsing of message headers to more closely adhere to RFC2822: no space required after the colon and allow comments after the actual date without claiming invalid dates.
- Improve EOL detection when importing messages from Thunderbird to Mail - apparently EOLs can change at any point and not only in the message headers.
- Properly recode 8-bit characters in Thunderbird message headers (use ISO-Latin1 instead of MacRoman as the default encoding).
- Fix hang/crash when parsing quoted HTML messages which have been quoted using full message headers.
- Make "mark as read" filters work correctly after import to Mail.
- Properly escape custom header contents when importing filters to avoid Mail from rejecting all rules due to malformed XML data.
- Properly recover inline parts with escaped characters in the file name (i.e., use "Image 1.jpg" when the message calls for "Image%201.jpg").
- Fix wrong character re-encoding for some Unicode messages (denoted as
- Fix potential application hang when the last message in a mailbox was corrupt.
- Fix application hang when importing from Thunderbird and the last message in a mailbox contained no message body.
- Fix potential crash when importing an Eudora message with an empty "Subject:" header with no space following the colon.
- Minor tweaks to the log file format to provide more information for missing attachments and to allow for easier filtering using the search box in the Console application.