ConnectMeNow makes working with shares easier for you.
In Finder, a server doesn’t always appear right away, we need to go through a list of shares on a given "server", get confused if we need SMB, CIFS, FTP, SSH, WebDAV, NFS or AFP, and I’m not even mentioning the need to enter a username and password on protected shares.
Quick overview of features:
- Protocols support for SMB, AFP, NFS, SSH, SSHFS, WebDAV and FTP.
- Dark Theme support
- AutoMount at startup, after a network change, and after waking up from sleep or standby
- Support for Fallback servers, for when a server is not available
- SSHFS (OSXFUSE) support with password entry or SSH keys
- SSH support with automatic password entry or SSH Keys
- Assistance to generate and install SSH keys on your server
- Mount, unmount, and Reveal in Finder from the menu
- Open or Close SSH connections from the menu
- Indication in the menu if a connection is active or not
- Grouping options in the menu
- Official Mount (Apple API) or Fast Mount support
- Mount in /Volumes/ or in your own prefered mount directory
- Mount/Unmount notifications
- Detection of Mount, Unmount, Standby/Sleep/Wake up, and network changes
- Sharing of configurations amongst multiple Mac’s
- Optional Ping and/or Wake On LAN before mounting
- Run script after mount completion
- Configuration backup and restore options
Note: While the software is classified as free, it is actually donationware. Please consider making a donation to help support development.