Spotless allows you to tidy any files on your Mac in a snap, using drag & drop or by scheduling Spotless to tidy specific folders. Whichever method you choose its incredibly simple and easy.
Spotless is incredibly easy to use, yet packed with features to give you full control over how files are tidied and when.
- Auto Tidy - Teach Spotless where each file type belongs and Spotless can automatically tidy them. For example, let Spotless know that .jpg belong in the Pictures folder and .pages files belong in Documents, and that's where Auto Tidy will put them. Training Spotless is as simple as drag & drop.
- Drag & Drop - Drop files on the Spotless drop target and Spotless can run a specific task on them, Auto Tidy them, or ask you which Task to run, giving you full control over what happens when you drop files for tidying.
- Scheduled Tidying - Comprehensive scheduling options allow you to run a task on all the files in a specific folder at a time convenient to you. Spotless will then automatically tidy the files in that folder when the scheduled Task runs.
- Unlimited Tasks - You can create a Task for each type of tidying you want to do, and create as many as you want. A Task is a set of rules to apply to determine if files should be tidied and specify what action should be taken on each file.
- Powerful Rules - Our extensive set of rules allow you to easily identify files that you wish to be tidied, for example only files with a certain file extension, files not modified for a certain amount of time, or files containing a certain phrase in the filename.
- Wizard - The Spotless Wizard will help you create Tasks to tidy locations thats commonly become cluttered, such as your Desktop or Downloads folder. It can setup automation for you with a scheduled Task so you can get started with no effort at all.
- Versatile Backup Tool - It's simple to setup Tasks to automate the backup of important files, making Spotless an excellent tool to generate automated backups that you don't need to remember to make.
Keeping your files safe is important to us, and with this in mind we have built in a number of features to ensure your files are kept securely when tidying.
- Conflict Management - If Spotless attempts to move a file and the destination file already exists, the comprehensive conflict features allow you to ensure your files are safe.
- Detailed History - Spotless keeps a history of each time it runs a Task, allowing you to review or revert any changes it has made. You can undo actions, restoring files to their original location.
- Silent (or not) - You can ask Spotless to run specific Tasks silently so you aren't prompted unless a conflict occurs, or if you want more control you can see a confirmation before Spotless takes any action.