DreamFactory is an API management gateway. It’s capable of generating powerful, documented APIs for almost twenty databases including Microsoft SQL Server, in addition to file storage, caching, e-mail, 3rd party APIs and SOAP services.
The scripting interface supports four scripting languages. 3rd party libraries are also supported, and business logic integration allows for data validation, masking and transformation.
API keys and role-based access controls restrict endpoint and method access. DreamFactory supports many user authentication options, including AD, OpenID Connect and Okta.
Request limiting ensures system resources aren’t abused, reducing the possibility of data theft. Logging is supported through Elastic Stack. Other compliance controls include restricted admins and API lifecycle monitoring.
Key Features of Dreamfactory Include
- Instant REST APIs for SQL and NoSQL databases
- Deep SQL support, including automatic REST endpoints for data, schema, functions, and stored procedures and API parameters for complex filters, pagination, sorting, multi-table joins, calculations, aggregation, and more
- Virtual foreign keys for CRUD operations on multiple databases with a single API call
- Instant REST APIs for file storage, cache, email, and push notifications
- Securely connects to any remote HTTP or SOAP service
- Live Swagger 2.0 API docs for all API endpoints
- User management and role-based access control on all API endpoints
- SSO authentication and stateless scaling with JSON Web Tokens (JWT)
- OAuth/LDAP/Active Directory integration
- Admin console to configure APIs, applications, users, roles, scripts, packages, and more
- Linux, Windows, and Mac OS X compatible. Easy to deploy on cloud platform or on premises